The mundane lifeLife has been nothing but mundane and boring. I'm so looking forward to the weekend, next friday and the study break.
School's been an absolute bane. I hate school. It sucks! Why do we even have to learn all that mathematical induction, arenes, temperature crap?
Mooncake/Lantern festival is round the corner. Not making any this year though 'cause we are all busy people. Not many mooncakes at home either. Quite saddening. I love mooncakes! The calories - never ever began counting. Come friday, we're gonna have a box of tung lok mooncakes. Woot!
Lantern festival is like before no more. When i was in primary school, we - my cousins, my sisters and i - would go downstairs to play with lanterns. There would be others at the grass patch too. We would go to those dark places intentionally to explore since we now had the light from our lanterns. -uhuh- On every occasion, we would end up playing with the candles. As you know, kids being kids, we were fascinated and loved playing with fire.
Now the grass patch is like it is on any other day - quiet. Kids nowadays.. they don't have a childhood! Ok they do.. in front of the computer, television or other technological devices. How deprived. Thankfully, i was born earlier. A richer childhood i had.
I wish i'm in my 40s now. I'd have started out living in kampongs - that would have been so fun - and seen how Singapore evolve from kampong times to a developed nation now.
Oh and i wouldn't have to face all the jobs/studies competition crap. What a happy and enriching life i would have.