First day at workMy job today was to serve and refill water and clear soiled dishes and table. Pretty easy tasks. Janice and me were definitely feeling bored often. Very often.
Well, the managers are quite ok for now. The supervisors are quite ok. The people.. overall they're quite ok too. Overall. 'Cause as always, there will be some black sheeps around.
I was particularly pissed when this girl, Ivy, asked me to serve water when she was the one who was asked to do it. Classic example of bullying newbies. What the *toot*! I showed them the why-do-you-ask-me-to-do-this face and I guess they know I'm not one to be trifled with. At least not an easy target to bully. -grins- Honestly, I don't have a good impression of the Chinese girls there. The Malays are nice nice people.
I look in awe as some of them carry a full tray of soiled dishes on one hand. 2 tall glasses are very heavy as it is. I just can't imagine myself doing that. But I think I'll have to do so one day. You see, we have to clear the table/tables all at one go. So if there's 5 tables joined together, you'll have to clear 10 persons dishes all together. Big big challenge.
Even though it's the vacations and we are not in school, we weren't let off studying. What crap. 2 sets of notes to gain all the knowledge of the food and ice cream menu. In total, I think that's about 10 full pages in small print. What crap. And since we're JC students, we're only given a week to study all those before a test is given. How school-like. I guess they think we're smarter? -grins- After that, we'll be able to take orders and all. I'm hoping work then will be a lot less boring.
Okay am off tomorrow. Working on Saturday and Sunday. And Janice is not going to be with me on Sunday! Ahhh! Well let's see how it goes.