The things in my headMy my, it was raining so heavily just now, I think it might just be a typhoon of sorts. Howling winds broke another of the potted plants outside my house. It's the second time in 2 weeks! So many natural disasters and wierd weather stuff in recent times, is the end of the world coming?
Oh oh guess what? If there is really such a thing as the end of the world, I want it to happen in my lifetime! Fancy going through something that your great great great great great great great great ( to the power of.. perhaps infinity?) grandparents and all the other generations of people in between and all the future generations of people didn't/won't go through. Way cool! -grins-
Went for a walk-in interview with Kent at Eastpoint's Jack's Place just now. The rate is $4.50 per hour (low!) and you've to get your own white blouse, black pants and black shoes (what a great amount of money to spend even before earning the dollars!). They said they will call within the next 3 days. Better keep my handphone by my side at all times! -hmm- Maybe I should not have it on silent mode from now till Friday. If I land this job, the next time I go work at Jack's Place, I'll be getting $7 per hour. That's -woah- darn high la! If I don't, there's still Wild Wild Wet to try for. And of couse, TM tomorrow. =D
Then I took a bus to Bedok to get some snacks. 10 unhealthy/sinful goreng pisang to be exact. Bedok has the nicest food on earth. Pity I don't go there too often.
The time at Bedok and the journey home brought back a lot of memories.
Food centre: Uncle Tonny brought Ming, Shauna, Amanda and me there for breakfast before one of the regatta days at SAFYC (Changi) during December hols last year. It was quite odd seeing him eat fried carrot cake. I had thought he would be for healthy eating. Now that explains the belly.
Bedok bus interchange: When I was in Sec 1 and Dana was still in sailing, we would always take go to the interchange to take a bus home after training. Since the berth for bus service number 7 (Dana's bus home) and bus service number 40 (my bus home) are right beside each other, I would always contemplate on which bus to take. More often than not, I would end up taking number 7. Quite stupid of me actually. Then there was also Jason who stayed pretty close to me. We would talk throughout the whole ride. I had a crush on him then. God knows why. Crap.
Siglap: Nurfarhana treated the whole group of us to Gelare on her 16th birthday. Fun fun fun! You see, she and me used to be very close as we sat beside each other but we drifted away 'cause stuff happened. But we ended up in the same class and in the same clique in Sec 3 and 4. Now that's what you call fate. Further down the road, there was a building that I remembered Dana saying it resembled those in the US. Then, I was thinking, 'huh? It can't be that old and ugly'. Today, the exact same thing went through my mind.
East Coast road: There is this wanton mee store which dad brought us to a long long time ago. I remember we were all starving and yet we had to wait 45minutes for the food. The wanton mee tasted really delicious by then. And the famous Katong laksa! Have tried the no.49 one and the one beside the church (amanda's mom brought us there for lunch on one of the boring inter-school sailing (boys) days in Sec 4). Both equally yummy! -stomach growling- Katong Shopping Centre.. I used go bowling there almost everyday in Sec 1. I think we were one of the most regular customers. There, everything was cheap. Shoes were cheap and games were cheap too. Just perfect.
Tanjong Katong Road: The 7-11 that I used to go to everyday in Sec 1 is now changed to Day and Night. There's even a table and benches provided for those who want to eat there. How good! Those days, there would be a regular group of us from TK sitting on the floor and eating cup noodles everyday. That was how I got to know Xinlei (she didn't have a good impression of me at that time). We even made friends with the cashier and were upset when they had to close the outlet.
-sigh-
What a long entry.
Memories. Good memories.