1. I started taking orders and really it wasn't all that tough after all.
2. I got my card! It's gold and nice but it doesn't have my name. Crap!
3. I worked my first 12 hour day yesterday. It sucked. It downright sucked.
Things I have learnt after working for almost a month:
1. Never to trust anyone easily. You never know what they are thinking or saying behind your back (or for that matter, in front of you, just in a language you don't understand).
2. There are always two faces to each person (except for me I guess, since I don't exactly keep the dissatisfaction to myself. I just show it to my supervisors and 'seniors'). Some people just love to act hardworking in front of superiors and when the higher-ups are not around, they are as lazy as pigs.
3. I don't like being ordered around by people I feel shouldn't be doing so. So I tell myself that I will work hard next year so that I will never ever be at the bottom of the employment ladder again. One day, I will be served by all of them or have all of them having to take orders from me. -wahaha-
4. I forget easily. I could be ranting on and on about a particular person the day before but all is well the next day. Perhaps the only exception is Siew Lian.
5. I take some time to warm up. I report to work 'moody' almost everyday but as the day goes by, I'll feel happier and happier (if things go my way that is). I think the same goes for school. And the main reason for that will be lack of sleep. Tiredness makes me really cranky.
Things that I hate about the place:
1.
2. Just when I feel settled and comfortable, it gets all crappy again. Now I have to master the keying of orders into the computer system. That wouldn't be too difficult if I had some kind of an instruction manual. But no, there ain't no guide for you. It's you, and yourself and of course, you. Oh c'mon, it's only my second day woman! You don't have to tsk tsk when I ask you for help. And that would be none other than Siew Lian. To think I was just beginning to have a good impression of her. Cindy (she's becoming nicer), Rohaini, Ida and Mary Joy have been oh so kind yesterday and today.
3. 'Juniors' do the dirty work. Somehow, there is this silent 'policy' that says newbies will do the dirty jobs like clearing tables or soiled dishes. Oh and not forgetting, refilling water. Baby is the best person I have ever met. She has an empty tray, the table has 3 empty ice cream cups and she didn't bother to clear them. Best man! Lagi best! -boo!-
There is more to add on to everything above most definitely but nah it's getting late and there is work tomorrow. Want to catch some TV shows before I head to bed. Notice I didn't talk about anything good? 'Cause if I did, it would be so few, it would actually look quite ricidulous. -sigh-
/edited