So many things have happenedIn chronological order:
The Singapore Laser Open
This competition was so screwed, I don't think it should even be a regatta. We had only one race due to unfavourable wind conditions. And the rest of the time, we were either playing bridge or big two. A total waste of time. I won a trophy though.
Seniors' farewell dinner at Pizza Hut
It was, well, alright. Only 12 seniors and juniors were there. To me, that was simply pathetic. The gifts were good though. They had dog tags with their names on it.
Trip to Bangkok and Pattaya with Ah Gong and Ah Ma
Truth is, the trip wasn't all that good. The food provided was at best, average. Traditional Thai dishes like tom yam soup, pig trotters and green curry weren't served or was served just once or twice during the 6 days we were there. We didn't have time to shop 'cause we departed from the hotel at 8am and went back at close to midnight practically everyday. The only things we bought were bags from stores lined up along the beach, some food stuff and a few tops from the wholesale place just outside our hotel - the Prince Palace hotel or Bo Bae Tower. We didn't even manage to get bras there! The all famous MBK centre is, in my words, not in a least bit fabulous. But we managed to meet up with our relatives there and they treated us to a sumptuous lunch which would have been absolutely delightful if only we didn't have breakfast just a hour earlier. There were so many Thai girls with Caucasian guys at bars all around, it was a little shocking to me. The cabaret show at Pattaya once again didn't fail to impress me. Everytime I watch that performance, I will always leave thinking I wouldn't mind paying for an air ticket just to come to watch the show again. Fortunately, we got to eat banana roti prata and glutinious rice with mango. Those were heavenly! Riding on the tutu was an adventure in itself. Parasailing turned out to be not as thrilling as I thought. I can't believe I was afraid to play that when I was young. Dreamworld was also not that enjoyable. Rides were few and unexciting 'cept for the viking. Finn Air was pass-able. The air stewardess weren't that pretty but big and tall. Quite an eye opener for me since I've only travelled on Asian airlines. Ah Gong walked pretty slow so Dad was always behind accompanying him. As a result, they missed some of the programmes planned like the Tiger show and the boat ride to the floating market etc. I stayed behind occasionally to make sure he's alright and all. Luckily, he didn't have giddy spells till the last 2 days. I think he enjoyed the vacation. I hope he did 'cause that turned out to be his last trip abroad.
Ah Gong died on New Year Day
He had just showered and was eating breakfast when he collasped. No one was in the kitchen then. Ah Ma and Lao Yi (Ah Ma's sister) were in the hall. Only when they heard his body hit the ground that they knew what happened. I didn't dare go and see him lying on the floor. When the paramedics came, he already had no pulse. They didn't manage to get his pulse back. When they brought him out the house to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, I took a look at him. He was so thin, practically skin and bones. I was afraid. Gosh I was so afraid, I cried. I didn't answer any phone calls from my uncles and aunties who just got the news. After an hour, my dad called and told us to go and have our last look at him. I cried again. We had a 7 days wake for him at my viod deck till last Saturday. We were all so busy the whole of the past week staying there looking after the place and all. I never knew there were so many things to take care of. There were rites that made us kneel and stand, made us sit for 2 and a half hours listening to chants that sounded like opera to me etc. Cremation day came. I was feeling down. When the english band played yue4 liang4 dai4 biao2 wo2 de4 xin2, I had watery eyes. It was drizzling when we left the block for Mandai Crematorium. How appropriate. We collected his ashes the next day. I was amazed that they were actually bones and not powder like what we see on television. This made me realise how fragile life is. How anything can happen on any day.
Dinner with my batch of sailors on Monday
We had dinner at Marche. I had meat loaf and rosti - very filling and very sinful. Didn't get to see Shauna though as I went there late and she left early to go on a date. What a girl. I was quite amused to see 2 botak heads. -grins- After that, Yinghui and Xinyong came over to play mahjong at my house. That was fun. I think the sailors should have a mahjong session soon.
Mary Joyce fell at Swensons yesterday
She slipped and hit her head on the entrance door. I reckon it was quite hard 'cause she blacked out for a moment. She couldn't even see the man that helped her. Suhaimi, Sabrina and I accompanied her to the doctor upstairs. I didn't know that Raffles Medical Group is the company's doctor till yesterday. She was referred to CGH's A&E for observation but she insisted on not going. So I went back to the hostel with her. So it's located at Katong - near TK. Cool!
I think this entry is a little incoherent. Oh well, school has started. Here it goes again.