In the mood for some goodwillThis week has been a particularly busy week 'cause we sold SPCA merchandise and had an exhibition on Thursday and Friday. Bringing the merchandise to school was fraught with difficulties as they were so damn freaking heavy and since we were doing charity, we couldn't possibly take a cab. God was being playful that day I guess. The bus broke down on our way back to school! Of all times, of all days, of all the things I could have had in my hands, I had to have this huge load of 20kg (or thereabout) which I got to know later was worth a total of $850 to carry to the bus replacement. Great, oh just great. Right at this moment, a SRJC basketball player (number 20) who was coming to our school for a friendly match asked, "do you need any help?". -phwah!- A guy in shiny armor saving the damsel in distress. As in those fairytales.
After watching 'Born in Brothels' and doing this SPCA thing, I have changed much to the amusement of even myself. Suddenly, volunteering seems like such a meaningful thing to do. I think I'm going to do some after the A'levels. But no elderly please. Don't know how to handle them. Animals are alright. But kids.. They are the best.
Documentaries are my preferred television programmes now. Oh but these doesn't include any about Science, Mathematics and stuff like that. The truth is I didn't watch any of the Einstein shows we were supposed to watch.
Another thing to add onto my want-to-learn-after-the-A'levels list: Photography. I've been wanting to learn it from long ago when I saw how great my uncle's pictures looked in comparison to mine.
I simply can't fathom how my friends and Sarah for that matter, actually got past J2 year. It is crappy beyond belief. Everyday you come home and you just feel so tired. Although at the back of your mind, you know that you have to complete tutorials and assignments or study for tests, it is so difficult to bring yourself to do them 'cause you are totally drained. You feel so happy when the weekend comes but it passes by so fast and you don't get to catch up on rest 'cause you have CCA on one day and the other is spent studying. I didn't know life could be so tough. I don't know how so many people can come out of these 2 years and still say, 'oh those 2 years were the best in my life'. What nonsense.
So the results are coming out on Wednesday. The Day. It is going to be my turn next year and I think I'm going to do what Shauna is planning to do - Observe.