The TK life I left behindTK Band - The Pride of TK
The SYF Central Judging the outdoor band competition is here once again. This Saturday, at the National Stadium for the last time, the TK band is going to perform. And I am going to watch them again. It is my fourth time now. The truth is, they mesmerised me the first day I entered TK when they performed at the soccer field right after the CCA talk. Their synchronised marching, the funny little antics and come the competition, the throwing of the mace and their beautiful formations. Not forgetting the music which makes my heart skips a beat (literally) whenever I watch them play.
Just recently, I stumbled upon the blog of an old classmate of mine in TK. It was great catching up on what was going on in her life which included getting together with another friend from the very same class. That was big news for me, though when I read the comments, it didn't seem so to some other classmates who stuck together all these years.
That was when I realised that that was a part of my life I totally left behind. The friendships that were forged were forgotten. What is left is a list on my MSN - people that I haven't struck a conversation with in two years, maybe three. The procrastinator (bum) in me made me fail to maintain contact with these people who I really do treasure. It is a sad thing, isn't it?