MERRY is LOVE ;


merry is love ; <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8661329?origin\x3dhttp://crappler.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, August 31, 2006 @ 10:24 PM
39 hours and counting

Brrr. It is a cold and wet day. Like yesterday. Just the perfect day to stay home and while time away but of course I am not that lucky.

It wasn't all that bad though.

Siyan and I went over to Amanda's house last night to do the teachers' day gifts (a model sailboat and a book) and that took the whole night. So yes, we didn't sleep a wink and Eeyore had to endure being squeezed into a small bag for nothing. :) I thought it was quite fun (okay, such things always give me some kind of a high) though at about four to five a.m., we were all just exhausted, totally not in the mood, and just wanted desperately to complete the stuff.

At least we got to hear both of them play 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' on the violin, Amanda on the piano and I vaguely recall hearing about some classical theory stuff though I can't quite remember anything 'cept for 'triad' and a word starting with 'q'. Strange that I never did learn most of those theory terms they mentioned. Is it because organ is more pop than classical? Now I am inspired to brush up my organ-playing, learn how to play the guitar and also have theory lessons, after the A'levels that is.

I thought it quite amusing that many times, Siyan thought that Amanda and I were pissed with each other when we were merely talking or discussing. Amanda pointed out a fact yesterday which I never took notice of till then - we don't talk when we are pissed with each other. And - okay I'm ashamed to admit this - usually I am the one initiating the 'cold war'.


*****

Digressing, Amanda read an entry I typed way back in February last year about how I thought I was losing this friendship (I think) when I was in the library with her a few days back. My my, I was so embarrassed. But I was also thinking, 'wow! I could just type about such sensitive stuff with all names and details laid bare in the past!'. Now, here is filled with initials or ambiguous words like 'you', 'a friend', 'she', 'he', 'another friend' etc etc etc. How impersonal this place is becoming, and a blog is supposed to be an online diary.

Diary: A book for use in keeping a personal record, as of experiences.

I will try to change.

*****

The teachers' reactions upon receving our gifts today made everything worthwhile. All of them thought the sailboats were impressive. Ms KKL was the best. We could really see that she was happy. Ms S too. I just had to tease her about the very successful self portrait I took. She said it was an illegal shot. Both of them began flipping through the book as soon as we left. I thought that was sweet; it showed they appreciated it. Mr C was being quite sentimental since this is his last day here. To think we only knew of it this morning. Mr A, I don't know. He seemed very indifferent.

Side note: I wonder what the floorball team got for Ms S.


Us with Mr C and boat


Us with Ms KKL and Mr C with boats

The class picnic after the celebration was an absolute failure so my classmates and I went for lunch at Pizza Hut. Then, it was three hours of pool again! Yay-ness. I think I have improved a tiny weeny bit. :) Only thing is, I have in my posession now a bruised and swollen finger that is so painful I can't exactly straighten it properly. All because I accidentally rammed it into the table while attempting to break. So stupid.

I have officially broke my previous record of 29 hours of staying awake without sleep. It has been about 39 hours since I last slept and I don't feel very sleepy. Odd.

9.40pm: Just received a sms from Ms KKL. 'To my dearest sailors: Thanks so much for the lovely present and messages. Am really touched and encouraged! Study hard for the prelims and excel in them too!'

See! She does appreciate them! That has just made today a good day to a great day!

webmistress
I am a 24 year old working adult on the verge of slipping into a quarter-life crisis. Wanderlust has hit me and I am trying to figure out how to be a long-term traveller. This space documents my experiences since I was a 17 year old student and is also an outlet for the thoughts swimming in my head.

her doings

follow bam_bam1704 at http://twitter.com

lazy musings
Stumble on her tumblr @ crappler.tumblr.com.

tag tag tag


her co.
Fizz | Jazreel | Joyce | Nette | Sissy Rachel | Sissy Sarah | The Sissys' Food Blog | My Academic Journal

rewinds
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- November 2006
- December 2006
- January 2007
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- July 2008
- August 2008
- September 2008
- October 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- January 2009
- February 2009
- March 2009
- April 2009
- May 2009
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- August 2010
- September 2010
- October 2010
- November 2010
- December 2010
- January 2011
- February 2011
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- June 2011
- July 2011
- August 2011
- September 2011
- November 2011
- February 2012
- March 2012
- May 2012
- August 2012
- September 2012
- December 2012
- March 2013
- April 2013
- September 2013

contact her
benjas_adn_87[at]hotmail.com