She was amused that I took a cab to school just to have fifteen minutes of my very last pe lesson.
Why do people take pictures for? Why do people keep things that can be considered worthless?
For memories, that's what.
I still have my Geography, Chemistry and Chinese notes from Secondary three and four. There is a big box packed with storybooks I read when I was a kid. Not forgetting the many stupid, useless little knick knacks around the house that I have attached a certain part of my life to. Thank God for my mom and of course, the vast amount of storage space, or else my home would have turned into a junkyard eons ago.
So I'm this sentimental and (quite) emotional person. I remember and I feel.
Who knows, perhaps fifty years down the road, I will still be able to recall how fun my last pe lesson was, how I thought it was truly an unforgettable one indeed.
*****
My friend and I were just talking about our granddads. Both of us lost them this year. I remembered I cried like nothing when the he was being brought to the hospital. He hadn't even seen the photos we took on our vacation together three days ago. Then, when all the calls started coming in (from my parents, uncles and aunties), I didn't dare answer any because I was afraid. Such a cowardly ass I was. And I say that also because later in the morgue, I didn't dare touch him for the last time. Damn, I wish I was that much braver. Like my friend. Like my sisters.