Hairy little thingsHairy crabs - yum yum! Uncle brought them all the way back from Wuxi in his luggage. When I first saw them, I, being the brilliant I, commented,
'Why are the crabs so small? I thought they are called 大闸(I don't know what is the Chinese word for zha so I just chose this one)蟹. Since these are so small, they shall be called 小闸蟹.'
During the one hour I took to eat the crab, I realised:
1. Those were already considered very big for a hairy crab.
2. One crab costs freaking $25!
3. The hairs on the claws are to provide moisture for them when they hibernate underground during winter.
4. The yellow stuff (roe?) should be eaten with black vinegar.
5. I take an extremely long time to eat crabs. I was among the first to start but finished eating more than 15 minutes after all of them.
There was also red wine but I don't know how to appreciate that. At least, this wasn't dry. That's the worse kind of wine to drink. In the future, I will go for some wine appreciation course then I will not ask stupid questions like, 'why aren't red wines sweet?'.