Sailing was cool! I sailed the standard rig for two races and for the first one, I actually triumphed over all of them! The wind was overpowering, or maybe it felt that way because I am too light. Anyway, it was so strong that no matter how much I tightened the control lines and how hard I hiked, I just couldn't keep the boat flat. I hiked till my thighs and ankle were shaking ok. And now my left foot has a bruise from all that hiking. Not to mention I was at least 10kg lighter than all of them and about 30kg below the optimum weight. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Am in a dilemma about whether to participate in the upcoming Singapore Laser Open. WL said I should because some of the national sailors won't be joining so I have a chance of getting a prize. Then, A and M said his main reason was so that I could guide An throughout the competition. I do want to help her really (gosh you should have seen her rigging today out at sea) but storms are aplenty now. Storms! I'm afraid.
WL wanted to put me on her boat to teach her how to sail just now but I violently protested. Then I told him about my 'secretly' trying to take her photo and how she found out and never acknowledged my existence forever more so A got the awful job. Thank goodness!
Then it was almost 8 hours of non-stop walking and shopping. I think the only time we sat was when we were having tea and supper or waiting for someone to try on clothes. Man, we walked till our feets hurt. All three of us. Orchard Road and Marina Square definitely need to provide their patrons with some sort of comfy walking shoes. And a Crumpler ain't a Crumpler for nothing. A and I were having shoulder aches like halfway through our shopping but M was totally easy with her huge bag. Ugh.
M was such an amusement. We think she made the service staff of this particular shop hate her. When she decided to leave the shop to wait for us, one of them was eyeing her the whole time she was walking out. And while waiting for A and I to finish dinner, she was so tired she slept till her head swung left and right. She's just unbelievable sometimes.
Yay-ness! I may be able to work as an OBS trainer in the next seven months! Maybe!
Oh, there was this man who fainted in the train while I was on the way to the cinema. It was scary. I don't think I want to faint any more. And I think I may want to be nun for a short while in the future.