Last day of CNYI'm tired.
Late night on Friday and no night yesterday. We played mahjong all night (actually completed two full rounds) so it wasn't until 10am this morning that we slept. I won! Have to make full use of the last day of CNY you see. After today, no more mahjong in the household till next year. That is a long long wait.
Friday was The Day. I was glad when I received the results slip but the reality of perhaps not being able to enter any of the three business schools is just.. bleh! I was satisfied with mediocrity. But I still thank the gods (whoever they are, since I, er, prayed to quite a number) for the grades because gosh, it was indeed unexpected. My first year Math teacher, Mr N, was shocked. Ms K was saying, 'See! And that time you wanted to go to poly'.
I've been very lucky in all my national exams. No studying in Primary 6 got me into an above average secondary school, 2 weeks of studying landed me in a top 5 junior college though I ended up in another respectable (I hope) jc, 1 month of studying, hopefully, brings me into a university.
Anyway, that day was the first time I stepped into a karaoke joint. Frankly, I don't like the place. I think I just dislike places with the smell of smoke. They make you stink. My colleagues were crazy enough to book the place as a post-dinner activity and I succeeded in being a spoilsport by refusing to sing even one song. In the end, I reached home past 2am. It's good to go out with people who drive. I hope my friends will all get their driving license soon. =D