Why did you think I stuck with double sciences all the three times when I could choose otherwise? Many times I lamented, ‘I regret! Why, oh why, didn’t I select Economics instead?’ But on hindsight, I don’t think I ever did really regret. I guess I still held on to the hope of getting straight As during the A’levels which, in reality, was an extremely dim possibility since I had neither the intelligence of a genius nor diligence of a.. I don’t know.. buffalo? Buffaloes are hardworking animals you know. In China, I saw them ploughing soil past 7pm. 7pm! They must have started working early in the morning. Don’t even suggest they were working night shift!
Okay digressed.
Now, the doctor dream is light years away but I dare say I still harbour the hope that I will be able to find that bunch of great friends. Seeing how Meredith, Christina, Izzy, George and Alex stick together and be there for each other no matter what, even if they have to make sacrifices, is heart-warming. It touches me. I want, no, I yearn for that. Hope, hope, hope. My life is based on hope. I’m such an optimistic person! Ya right.
I’m currently reading a self-improvement book and one of the activities I had to do was play in my mind a time where I had a deep, meaningful conversation and remember how it felt - the affection, the warmth etc. It is an indicator of how good your relationships are. Sadly, I struggled hard with this activity. I flipped through the pages of my memory but I just couldn’t find a conversation that made me felt that much. Says something huh? Either I’m a shallow person or I develop shallow relationships. Honestly, I don’t fancy either
I should change.
Speaking of which, I snapped at Other Colleague during lunch today. I mean yesterday. I think they were stunned for a moment. It was all because I was ‘wrongly accused’ again. This is perhaps the only thing that has a 100% success rate of making me tick. The first time, I let it pass. When she said it again, that was it. I hated the way she said '好心你啦, 去看个医生'. What the hell? Just because I was the first one in the office to start coughing does not mean I’m definitely the one who spread the virus. C’mon la, she only started coughing today and Mentor had already caught the flu virus from her hubby the start of this week so everyone was coughing a little here and there. How dare she blame me! But Nice Colleague stood up for me! =D And that woman actually readily agreed to what Nice Colleague said. Utter nonsense! I’m totally disgusted by her behaviour.