MERRY is LOVE ;


merry is love ; <meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8661329?origin\x3dhttp://crappler.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 @ 1:12 AM
The year passed- 2007

I must say it's probably one of my most exciting years. I learnt a lot, made new friends, did new things, realised what mattered to me- I pretty much lived a life I had never lived before.

There was work where I saw first hand how ugly office politics is and at the same time, learnt how to deal with them. That plus the fact that an effective worker gains trust easily. I still go back to visit them occasionally because you never know how random people can help you in the future. There was a time during the middle of the year where I worked doubly hard, giving tuition after work on four out of five workdays and one weekend. I remember feeling a great amount of satisfaction because it was a challenge I set myself and overcome. Oh of course also because of the chinks chinks that were coming in but that's secondary.

Then there was school. A whole new environment all over again. It didn't help that I only knew one friend (who I didn't even talk much to before) who was going to the same faculty as me. That made me question my decision as in the case of TJC and MJC. I cannot say I have regretted but neither can I say I didn't. I made new friends and I do love them. They play hard, study hard and even ask you to please start studying (no time already! they say). I dare not say I have made many friends but I have company during every break, lecture and even study sessions and that's enough for me.

I also began to discover the night life- suppers, drinking and clubbing. I even tried a smoke. But I think I somehow grew bored of them. Okay, maybe not the drinking but the rest... Even Mambo became nary an incentive for me to party the night away. It could be due to Papa starting to cook dinner. I tried to come home for dinner whenever I could because I saw how eating dinner together bonded our family together. I must admit I also yearned for it because the last time we had family dinners regularly was probably a decade ago. Or it could be because it was too much money to sustain such a lifestyle. I was spending on average $500 a month and all from my already shallow pocket! Thank goodness I had tuition assignmens to keep some money coming in.

2007 was the year I realised the importance of my family and now, I dare say I choose my family over anything any time. It was probably one the most peaceful years family-wise. There were few conflicts and if any, were resolved in a matter of a day or two. It wasn't always like this. Dad and Mom are getting along so well and I'm happy for them. In the past I often wondered why they say Taurus and Virgo are most compatible but now I see. I think age has something to do with it. Even for me, the past year made me treasure the people around me more. I made a constant effort to keep in contact with my friends, scheduling to meet at least one friend a week even at my busiest- it was something I would never have done earlier. These are the people I know will stand by me just as I will do for them.

Now 21- finally on the edge of adulthood. I have matured no doubt. One very obvious indicator is finally getting down to clearing our table after so many years. I am also trying to renew friendships from before. I know it makes friendships sound a little like insurance policies but as I said earlier, I never did bother to stay in contact with many people. As A said yesterday, 'we are 21 and I first known you when I was 12'. The first thing that occured to me was we're getting old! But that's not important. That's 9 long years. I told her we'll celebrate our 10th year next year. (: I want to have more of this.

Pray hope 2008 will be equally fun-filled and fulfilling!

webmistress
I am a 24 year old working adult on the verge of slipping into a quarter-life crisis. Wanderlust has hit me and I am trying to figure out how to be a long-term traveller. This space documents my experiences since I was a 17 year old student and is also an outlet for the thoughts swimming in my head.

her doings

follow bam_bam1704 at http://twitter.com

lazy musings
Stumble on her tumblr @ crappler.tumblr.com.

tag tag tag


her co.
Fizz | Jazreel | Joyce | Nette | Sissy Rachel | Sissy Sarah | The Sissys' Food Blog | My Academic Journal

rewinds
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- November 2006
- December 2006
- January 2007
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- July 2008
- August 2008
- September 2008
- October 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- January 2009
- February 2009
- March 2009
- April 2009
- May 2009
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- August 2010
- September 2010
- October 2010
- November 2010
- December 2010
- January 2011
- February 2011
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- June 2011
- July 2011
- August 2011
- September 2011
- November 2011
- February 2012
- March 2012
- May 2012
- August 2012
- September 2012
- December 2012
- March 2013
- April 2013
- September 2013

contact her
benjas_adn_87[at]hotmail.com