080808 - 240808Beijing 2008 is over! ): ):
The closing ceremony was such a spectacular affair. I don't know whether to feel happy and proud or.. Well it's just the jealousy and envy speaking. After all, when we got to know that the Olympics was going to be hosted by Beijing a few years back, Sarah and I actually seriously considered going to watch. What could be a better time right? Just reached the able-to-travel-by-ourselves age and it's in China - China Chinese China Chinese. Think! Less monies for airfare, accommodation and shopping! Alas, it was not to be.
I so love the camaraderie. You know, watching them in action and on the podium brings back many memories. I want to be in such a circle again - athletes in the same sport knowing each other and competing against each other all in good spirit. Oh, except that Cuba taekwondo exponent who kicked the referee. He ought to be shot! So I've taken the first step in trying to be part of such an experience - I have applied to be a volunteer for YOG 2010 yay! (: