Much has happened since the last time I updated. There was ROP, Shamari chalet, Nike Run, elections and other minor stuff I can't really remember. One of them is my leaving my cellphone at the Nike Run venue and a kind soul actually called my dad and Sarah to have them tell me to contact them. Like wow. I'm so damn lucky. It's so rare to meet people like that. Oh plus the brother is quite a hottie. :D
1. ROP - they call it Rites of Passage. I call it Rites of Death. No meals provided (and I didn't bring food), no real place provided to sleep, just plenty of torture. 8km run around campus at 1am, some activity till 6am, rest for 1 hour in cold and dirty Forum, then walking all round the west with watermelons and 1.5 litres water bottles in bag/hand, route march with the same damn weights and much more. Thank goodness I managed to get out here and there (missed the run up Mt Faber with watermelons and 1.5 litres bottles) though I did get shot down for it during evaluation on the last day. Oh well. I had my fun. (:
2. Shamari chalet - one of my two escapes from ROP. This was under the pretense of Cousin's wedding. (: But ohh I got terribly drunk on too little. Luck was just not with me that night- I kept having to drink during the game. Or maybe it was my slow brain too. Puked icky stuff in the sink 'cause Yin was in the loo! Damn disgusting and smelly! But Will was such a great friend. I kept asking him how to clean how to clean when I was puking and he kept saying never mind never mind so I was thinking, maybe it'll all just go down by itself. When I finally stopped, he went to get a plastic bag then said, okay now you'll have to scoop it all up, I'll hold the bag for you. I was like DAMN! And you still told me never mind. Then Yin brought me to sleep. I think I was out for 4 hours? Never had it this bad before. But we all agreed that it could be because I hadn't slept the entire night before and with all that strenuous activities some more. Thanks to them both! (:

3. Nike Run - My first 'competitive' run. Why I put competitive in inverted commas - you can say I did the Nike Walk instead. I mean after a 8km run, walking around the west with watermelons and 1.5-litres bottles (we practically walked from Clementi to Jurong West can!), and a night of drunk-ness, you really couldn't expect much. Below is my timing:
I was just very glad there were still people behind me when I finished the race. There were times I could have cheated by turning round but I didn't. So proud of myself! :D At the 9km mark with the officials cheering for us, my eyes did get a little teary. It finally sank in then that I actually did 10km run or walk (for the finisher bracelet but whatever). 10 kilometres. Yay, I'm part of such a significant event! Am actually thinking of getting the Nike Run book. I don't know, this event just has an undescribable spirit that I love. Mr A was shocked I joined the event - yes yes I know, me and running is UHH. Oh by the way, I actually ran about 5km non-stop during the 8km run! Didn't ever know I could do that. I think I like running a little bit more now. (:4. Elections - I mentioned that someone asked me to join the committee again, and I really did this time. Which explains why I had to go for ROP and why I stayed in school last night. The elections took freaking 11 hours - we only ended at 5am this morning. Hence, yes I'm now the Marketing Director of the faculty club. Initially, I was gunning for the post of Treasurer but changed to this as it was the only one that allowed me to interact with people in the corporate world. Besides, being the Treasurer also means that I would have to do much more work so no no, I need to boost my CAP! So yes, it's going to be a BUSY BUSY BUSY year ahead!