That internship flown awayActually come to think of it, I'm quite pissed at myself for my terrible performance at Bloomberg today. I have always, always, prepared for the basic questions like 'Why do you think you make a good candidate for this position?' and 'Why choose us?' and the one time I neglected to (because I had wrongly predicted that the presentation would be on their products or the economic crisis), it came up! GAH. The fact that I slept late and couldn't get a sound night's sleep even as I was on the bed made it worse. My feeling overwhelmed when I entered the premises didn't help matters. I mean they had our pictures taken at the reception counter using cameras mounted on the wall for our name tags! Then, on the way to the Recruitment Event room, I passed the to-die-for pantry and saw all that was offered because if you haven't already heard, there aren't any walls in the office. The whole place is so bright, colourful and cheery! Wow factor is definitely 10 times infinity can.
Was so surprised to see Sherry when I entered the room. Ally! But as we realised later, we're probably allies in seeing this internship fly away. She, Jo and I were all lamenting in the cab back to school on how the chances of us securing this position is probably zilch. I mean there was the debater, the SMU double degree student, 2 others who has been on the Dean's List since they entered college (OH MY GOSH), the double major + minor student, and many many others with double majors and whatnot. Brilliance all around. And this is only among the 20 in the 10am batch. There was still another batch at 2pm. The number of positions we're all fighting for? A miserable 4!
But still! I will not give up! This experience was an eye-opener indeed. From the time I stepped in till the time I left and the very unique Recruitment Event concept instead of the conventional interview. I will try my darnest to secure a job with them when I graduate. What to do.. The environment is just way too cool!