This Christmas was spent having family gatherings at my place, and I received 3 presents YAY. Sissy S and I cooked western for the Christmas eve dinner and Dad and Mum cooked eastern (lo kai yik, assam fish, and fried shellfish) for the Christmas Day dinner.
On our menu were roasted chicken (which turned out really yummy!), salad, bacon with tomato skewers, cheese fondue and aglio olio pasta. Uncle and Aunty J brought ham with cranberry sauce, cheese cake, and chocolate for the chocolate fondue, and 4th Aunty brought log cake and a chicken pie. Those that we have taken a picture of, I've put the recipes on our Food Blog. But our star of the day - the roasted chicken - was unfortunately carved without having its photo snapped in our excitement to see how it turned out. Oh well!
After cooking for a couple of family parties, I feel Sissy S and I work quite well in the kitchen together. I think our cooking has improved, our knack for getting reasonably-priced groceries has also improved, but our time management is still GAH! I don't think we can ever do lunches. And we still have to figure out a way to ensure our dishes are still nice and hot when our guests eat them. I guess we hope to move on to hosting friends soon but that comes a hefty price tag. Perhaps if friends share the finances, this will come sooner than we thought!