China menMAHJONG ON THURSDAY! WOOT! Okay I haven't actually seeked the P's consent but I'm pretty sure it'll be a positive. :D
Had a chat with China Boiboi just now and we got to the topic of work, emigration, foreigners, etc. And I said, "我要移民到中国但是我不要做中国人民." Of course, I added '哈哈哈' behind but it didn't really hide what I meant. I like and want my rights as a Singapore citizen, and at the same time, I didn't want to be just like them seeing how vastly different the Chinese view/treat foreigners. Still, I can't fathom why he would feel inferior on reasons like 'no freedom no right'. I thought that should be on the government, not the citizens. Plus, I can't quite figure out why any Chinese would want to leave China in the future when everyone can't wait to rush in; It's so clear that they are going to be the next superpower. 'In the future' is the key phrase here because I foresee loosening of restrictions (Google fiasco?), higher pay, better career prospects, better standard of living in China years down the road. Why would you want to live in another country (the US especially) and be a second-class citizen if that's the case?
That's the thing about the Chinese. The regular man on the street always thinks they have been given a worse hand, and anywhere else outside of China is always better. They don't get that we work hard and struggle like them too.