The SupervisorApparently I wasn't scared off by the huge xiao long bao/steamboat feast the other day. Just went back for the very same thing today with Qin and WH. Like FINALLY! Organising an outing that actually comes to fruition sure is a pain. Didn't eat as much today though.
What stood out during the dinner was nothing food-related. Instead, it was the supervisor (I suppose? She was wearing the brown uniform.) because:
1. She speaks good English. This is a very slipshod generalisation but usually, you expect a Chinese-speaking person to greet you on the phone or at the door at such a Chinese restaurant.
That and mainly because:
2. She had tattoos on her finger and wrist from what I could see. Who knows if the tattoo stretches up her arm? I know that this is very stereotypical (Now, everyone forms stereotypes okay. They aid cognitive economy.) but I usually associate tattoos in prominent places, especially the kind that she has (tribal design), with ah lians or people who go about life aimlessly. What's more, she probably smokes going by her teeth. However, from the way she served us (good) and carried herself, I'd say she has made good. I may be wrong with my deductions here but any how, people like her who totally go against their stereotypes draws me to them.
P.s. Do note that we're talking about a lady here. Guys can have the same tattoo at the same place and give an entirely different impression. It's double standards but it happens.