Mahjong addict!3 通宵 mahjong sessions in 8 days! :D :D :D Added bonus: Overall profit. But I really think Mom is regretting getting the mahjong table a little. And Thursday session with YH and his friend K made me miss my Friday's lesson. Sigh, no more weekday mahjong sessions. We set a precedence on Saturday - we actually opened 2 tables for all-night sessions. I've only heard of 2 tables open during Chinese New Year. But I guess this shows how much we love love love and want to play play play mahjong. Need to find more mahjong kakis! Mahjong anyone?
Baked kueh bangkit today! We haven't made this in a decade I think. It turned out pretty good - melts in your mouth - though not up to our standard (doesn't melt fast enough, i.e. not exactly 入口即化) and still can't beat Dad's. Not even close actually. Mine's good, his is phenomenal. No kidding! But Dad's recipe for phenomenal kueh bangkit is lost somewhere at home. Hope it gets found soon 'cause that's his mom's food diary which is really a world of golden cooking and baking secrets. Today's recipe can be found on the food blog.