We are the world
It's sad that in this world, status and money gain more respect than charity. An exception being the case of charity in the form of truckloads of money. Makes me wonder when I will (or can) truly give up on material pursuits to live a more enriching life. Also renews my desire to be a nurse (since being a doctor is out of reach) and a PE teacher so that I can help people. My uncle has been to Nepal a couple of times for charity and my cousin has embarked on a sanitary project in Timor Leste with a few friends. I'm not thinking that far, I just want to help fellow Singaporeans (also because I believe in helping family before helping others). Perhaps I should take the first step by going for blood donations with Sissy S. It's a baby one but it's a start. As she tweeted, she has given her first red packet (literally 红包) to HSA. Yes, I should start accumulating good karma too.
P.s. Okay la, the desire to be a nurse is also fuelled by the chance to wear scrubs.