The lull before the storm.This week has been surprisingly relaxing. Or maybe it's just relative because having a only-one-deadline week is such a rarity these days. Of course this deadline does not include the forum posting I've to get done by Saturday as that pales in comparison with the effort needed for papers, presentations, and proposals, all of which I have been bombarded with since the end of the mockery that is my recess week.
As such, I haven't had the time to do random surfing 'cause my daily internet routine of reading blogs, visiting twitter, IVLE, Hotmail, NUS mail, Facebook (every 2 days or so), and skimming through the Channelnewsasia website means that the must-dos already take up a good amount of precious time. What a waste of time. But anyway! So I took this afternoon (lull before the storm - 3 deadlines next week!) to do what I usually do when I'm not this busy - trawl the web. Couple of reads I came across the last few tens of minutes:
More marks for Mother Tongue orals at "N", "O" & "A" levels from 2012 - Thank goodness this didn't come earlier or else, definitely zilch chance for that A and B for O' and A'Levels with merit and pass for oral.
Who Drives Better, Men or Women? - I should learn driving for the good of people?
Why is HDB able to reveal breakdown cost of their flats publicly in 1981 and not now? - Reminds me about what my lecturer said last semester about the cost of building HDB flats: According to his source, building costs (4-figure) for all flats (3-bedroom or 5-bedroom) are the same.
Six key ways self-defeating behaviour can cause failure and How to beat procrastination - Ah procrastination - very applicable.
A Glossary of Coffee Terms - Sissy S and I were just discussing about the difference between cappucino and latte yesterday. I was right about the foam.
Braking Bad - May I never never make this mistake even though I accidentally shifted to 4th gear instead of 2nd twice on Monday.
Salty, sweet: study says fat is the sixth "taste" - What the crap is the taste of fat?! Someone tell me quick. I need to lose weight!
A brave new Google-ized world and Honoring free expression online - Took interest in this after commenting on the US-China internet freedom debate for my e-reflections last night.
E-mail is Making You Stupid - Reminds me Sissy S's recent boo boos with work email.
Oscar and Me - Stumbled on this in a daily blog read.