To do or not to do - that is the question.I wish I was doing more productive things the past few days but the truth is I wasn't. I watched one too many movies instead.
1. Alvin and the Chipmunks
2. Law-abiding Citizen
3. Hua Mulan (Zhao Wei version)
4. Happy Feet
5. Up in the Air
6. Astroboy
7. The Rebound
8. Some movie Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant acted in
9. Sherlock Holmes
10. An Education
I stopped after reaching number 10 suddenly realising how much time I've wasted. Up in the Air portrays the kind of jet-setting (did I get this word right?) lifestyle I hope to achieve sometime in my career. Perhaps not so extreme but you get the idea. Also, if only someone produced An Education earlier and not at the absolutely last stage of my study life. Maybe, just maybe, it will change things.
But you know what they say about 'I regret..', 'if only..', 'I wish', etc. Here I'm reminded of a line in Law-abiding Citizen - making a decision is not the hard part, it is living with it that is.
P.s. Interestingly, I once came across a study which found that people's regrets are usually of things we didn't do rather than did. I can't remember the exact numbers but the proportion was something like 3:1 (didn't do versus did). Overwhelming isn't it? They attributed this result to people not knowing the consequences of options they didn't choose. This being the case, it is left to imagination and our ideas tend to be ideal outcomes conjured by our mind. The logic is akin to the phrase 'the grass is greener on the other side'.