Cig sticksI'm quite disturbed by the prevalance of females smokers these days. While having a long lunch at Bugis, I saw so many of them, the number stands at either equal or more than males. I don't know, maybe it's the image of a female being a nurturer instilled in us, but it just seems more wrong if you see a mother rather than a father smoking don't you think?
On the other hand, I would like to be a social smoker if possible. I guess it's the novelty, the mystery of what smokers feel after a puff. I'd love to know. If only I have more guts. You see, I don't mind damaging my body but I need to have control over that. Smoking is like drinking but not like drinking at the same time. Both damages the body but with drinking I know I can stop. With smoking, I don't know man. Smokers around me don't exactly paint a good picture.
Which makes me wonder: Why do all those people pick up smoking? After all we've all been taught from young how harmful smoking is. Was it to fit in? Was it to be cool? Was it to relieve stress? Or was it because they were curious like me?