The littlest thingsThis has been a special week. Not that any outstanding thing happened but a couple of little ones stirred some thoughts.
I fell 3 times within 3 hours this week. Sissy S and R laughed at me; they said 1 fall per hour is very usual, dripping with sarcasm of course. I find it incredulous as well. But it was really strange. I was telling Sissy R that I remembered feeling the same feelings I had when my legs just wouldn't stop giving way under me outside the exam hall even though I haven't come across such a situation before. Then she said, 'It could be deja vu.'. I think she's right. The scene, the helpless and pissed feeling - it fits my memory perfectly. We usually deem the ability to walk as some sort of right and take it for granted. This incident has shown me how important this ability is to me. I know I'll be devastated if I should ever - touchwood! - not be able to walk.
On a more positive note, the sinseh asked if I like running - I said NO! - 'cause he said I've firm thigh muscles! :D The effects from hiking out hasn't completely disappeared WOOT. You know how I motivated myself when hiking out in strong winds in the past? I told myself, 'Okay don't be lazy, straighten your back and work out those 'abs' so that you can have nice, toned abs.' Serious! XD Well, obviously I didn't have abs, never managed to attain nice, toned abs, and let's just say the region has gotten very much worse since. SIGH.
And although my exams hasn't ended, I've been watching the highly recommended Taiwan idol drama 败犬女王 the past 3 days. Finally finished it today with some tears dropped here and there. :X I've realised this past week that physical pain I can take but a strike to the heart I can't. I didn't cry after that first fall that sprained my ankle even though it was so damn painful I actually wondered how I was going to go to the exam hall from the library. I cry when I'm touched. I cry when I'm angry. I cry when I regret. I cry when I feel alone. I cry when I'm made to leave things I love behind. So I cried during that big fight some time back. I cried when I was alone in Suzhou. I cried at the 2nd Arts Camp because I realised the true joy and fun I had during my 1st camp with Shamari I'll never get anywhere again. I cried because Grandpa didn't get to see our vacation photos as I'd procrastinated. I cried when I foolishly told D that I didn't want to be friends with her any more. But I'm not weak.
The show also made me wonder if I've indeed been waiting for you all this while..
Sissy S and I had a friendly jabbing session last night and during the exchange, it occurred to me that I can't remember the last time we did this. I mean, we do talk but usually it's about serious stuff. It's odd that it's become so rare I began appreciating it.
Can you believe I would rather go to Courts then watch a paid movie? Ip Man 2 some more. Am I turning into a domestic goddess?!
Shoutout: G and F - you are definitely friends who matter! :D