21/7/10An interview with Tom
I had one of the most meaningful interviews last Wednesday. You see, Tom was in a pretty similar situation as me having graduated with an Economics degree and venturing into HR after. So the interview included a discussion on Economics and also touched a little on my career path. He didn't ask anything about my qualifications or experience at all! From there, I learnt about Austrian Economics which is in a nutshell a school of thought encouraging the use of asset-backed money (not the case today). And seeing how it was more like a conversation rather than an interview, I ventured further by asking him if I should go into consultancy (the only company that really really wants me is RE! Sigh.) as a stepping stone to a career in HR to which he replied, 'It's possible, but not quite encouraged.'. There I got my answer. Ironically, it also led to my declining the contract job offer. Any how, this talk has made the goal of my job hunt that much clearer.
A night out with a Taiwanese
Sam's friend from Taiwan came so we brought her to the Taiwan-renowned No Signboard Seafood. Was my first time there despite living so near. Seems to me that foreigners prefer our pepper crab while the locals prefer chilli crab. Anyway, reasonably-priced seafood definitely! Chilli crab, black pepper crab, drunken prawns, you tiao and kang kong for 143 bucks only (there were 5 of us)! Brought her to Clarke Quay after. Looks totally unfamiliar to me as well. Think it's been THREE years since I've been there. Good girl much? Singapore is really too small! We were hard-pressed to find activities/places to bring her for 3 days.
Disjointed post. No mood. Writing just for the sake of writing because I want to remember these events. Keeping up with the meet-at-least-once-a-week-with-Econs-peeps routine so far. Golden Mile steamboat bbq previous week, seafood last week. Hmm, maybe we'll be breaking the routine this week. But it'll definitely be coming back next week. Making up for lost time indeed.