Intro to jobThree weeks - that's how long I've worked for. And guessed what? I just faked a sick leave last Friday. Good worker, or good worker? In my defence, it was for an important event - Sissy S's convocation -that I absolutely couldn't miss and I couldn't apply for annual leave earlier because I couldn't create the quota till mid last week. So let's just say yay, I've saved one of my precious annual leave for the Year-End Getaway.
An introduction to my job - I am working in the HR department, more specifically in the Benefits Team. The team is made up of four of us, a team leader who will only join us in September (he's still with the Finance department now), and depending on the areas we are in charge of, we report to either the Deputy Director or Senior Manager. The team's extremely young and new; The longest experience being two months. While I don't quite like the environment, I must say that the people are a pretty friendly and supportive bunch to work with, thankfully.
I wouldn't say I'm enjoying work but I'm settling. Quite certain I wouldn't stay for too long though. Maybe it's my mindset of wanting to work in the private sector or maybe it's because I like a more interactive environment, I'll probably just get my one year experience or stay till I get my bonus (it's in March) and I'm out.
Sissy S's away on business trip again. ENVIOUS.