I've got news!A very significant week.
First, Christmas! Managed to get all cards 'cept one out before X'mas.. finally. Hohoho! The last few days before Christmas was spent mad scrambling to finish cards and get presents because we Econs peeps had a gift exchange and presents started streaming in from colleagues so had to get them gifts too. Never did know Christmas is such a big thing in the working world. We didn't have a Christmas party but we're going to have a celebration on New Year's eve. Anyhow, it suddenly felt so festive 'cause people went around giving out presents, big or small. My Biggest Boss brought TWG tea, Harrod's and Crabtree and Evelyn cookies to put in the pantry for everyone. But the most generous must be my Big Boss - she got us all each a box of Royce chocs! That's in the range of 20 boxes okay. I told her, 'Thank you, fairy godmother!'.
Much loot this year. The list stands at:
1. Royce chocs from Big Boss
2. Anklet from Big Big Boss
3. Two gingerbread woman from Big Big Big Boss, i.e. Biggest Boss
4. Magnet from Boss
5. Small pouch from team member LL
6. Notebook from team member STeo
7. Some I-still-can't-figure-out-what-it-is thing from team member SChua
8. Sweets from Recruitment team F
9. Chocs from whole Recruitment team
10. Chocs from Big Big Big Boss' secretary STan
11. Cookies from Training team Selvi
12. Some clip paper thing from Payroll team SCHai (She's the colleague who bears the brunt when I make mistakes at work. Poor her!)
13. Mug from El
14. Kikki mechanical pencil from Sam
15. Lego figurine from ZH
16. Notebook from Wan
17. Some book package thing from Auntie S
We usually have a celebration at my place on Christmas eve but none of that this year because the Ps went on vacation. Had a wonderful Christmas day pigging out and drinking with S215-ers so yes, it was nonetheless a merry merry Christmas. :)
Second, I've got a new job. It's sales in a local bank and I'm due to start in Feb 2011. I've signed the papers but I'm still in 3/4 mind about it because I just realised how fabulous my bosses are. We had a team meeting on Thursday and my boss actually said that he's going to start pushing us to present because he does not want to steal our credit because when he presents, the people see him so the credit goes to him even though we were the ones doing the hard work. What a nice boss right! And he was also saying that we are very fortunate in that our higher bosses are very supportive of staff upgrading so we should take the chance to study whatever we want to. How to leave without hesitation when I have such awesome people for bosses! Ugh.
I'm waiting till Wednesday or Thursday to drop the bomb but till then, it's been really difficult to hear my boss talk about next year's plans/work schedule and saying things like, 'I'm going to outsource my wrapping of presents to you next year.'
We have a entire FP HR gathering every two months and it's ironic that the first time I was there, I was welcomed as a new staff, and the second time I am attending I am going to be introduced as a resignee.
To be honest, the only thing that's holding me back is not my work, or colleagues, but my bosses. Love them my boss, big boss, big big boss and big big big boss.