Somebody to love14 February.
Valentine's day.
Yet another one spent without a partner. Yet another one spent with Mag and PM.
I do not rue this tradition we have had for some 4 to 5 years now. Rather, I'm very glad and thankful that we are continuing with this practice because it means I don't have to spend this over-commercialised day by my lonesome self.
I met a fair number of good friends today. I met S for lunch, and Mag and PM for dinner. I should be feeling some kind of special but I don't.
Why?
I wonder if the lack of special-ness could be due to the frequency of our meetings. Or could it just be a general sense of boredom since we've known each other for so long? Would a catch-up session once in a blue moon be better instead?
Are we trying too hard to maintain our relationships?
I love my friends, don't get me wrong. But there must be something more to gel people together for 10, 20, or 30 years.
That something is what I would like to find out.